BuffArms
Shadow Boxer

Re: Donald Trump's Presidency | Discussion Thread

Jan 02, '17, 7:28pm

10 Great things that can, and most likely will be accomplished as a result of Trump being in the White House. And 1 I hope will happen, but not likely.
1. The congress will do its job again. Democrats have threatened to stop it, but thanks to Harry "I am a complete fucking moron" Reid the Republicans can easily overcome them. Thanks for giving them the Nuke Harry.
2. The Supreme Court will be full again, and return to its 5/4 conservative leaning arrangement, the same configuration that brought about Gay Marriage.
3. Taxes will be cut. Regulations will be cut. Freedom will increase.
4. Budgets will be passed on time.
5. US allies will strengthen themselves, and take more seriously their duty to protect their citizens and provide strength for their alliances.
6. Cooperation over Syria will likely see an end to its civil war. Trump likely signing off on giving Assad a way out, in exchange for destruction of ISIS. Islamic State loses its State.
7. The economy will grow at a faster rate, consumer confidence will remain high, interest rates will be allowed to rise, and the housing market will cool, lowering rents.
8. The number of new businesses will increase, while the number of failures will decrease. Largely a result of deregulation and tax cuts.
9. Military Procurement will be reworked to provide greater value per tax dollar.
10. The numerous open Federal judgeship's will be filled, with the effect of having around a 50/50 ratio of liberal to conservative, instead of the current 2/1 ratio.

And I hope that #11 will be an end to the far left's control over public universities. Done by refusing student aid to any school that forces ideological "sensitivity training" on students, that wastes money on diversity faculty, that allows segregated safe spaces on campus, that discriminates based on race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation in its admission process.; that discriminates in who they let speak on campus. As well as ending the ability for students to get federal loans for degrees in the leftwing political social sciences, whose studies are almost never reproducible and are clearly created to serve as propaganda.

For conversation's sake Id be curious to see a list of the 10 terrible things his detractors expect to happen.
I'd guess #1 is: Nazi Death Camps.

Tidal Town
Lifestyle & Ent Moderator
XBL: T1DAL TOWN
PSN: SF2K4
NNID: tidaltownusa
Steam: Tidal Town

Jan 02, '17, 8:50pm

BuffArms wrote:1. The congress will do its job again. Democrats have threatened to stop it, but thanks to Harry "I am a complete fucking moron" Reid the Republicans can easily overcome them. Thanks for giving them the Nuke Harry.

We did? We've had a four year Republican-lead Congress and will have another four years more. Not sure how Dems were able to "stop it" in that time frame.
2. The Supreme Court will be full again, and return to its 5/4 conservative leaning arrangement, the same configuration that brought about Gay Marriage.

Some of us would prefer a more liberal lean to SCOTUS. Not sure it's as simple as saying that's a positive without more elaboration.
3. Taxes will be cut. Regulations will be cut. Freedom will increase.

Taxes are not a bad thing. Regulations are not a bad thing. This is a fallacy pushed by Conservatives. I grew up in Monsanto country, regulations are a good thing.
5. US allies will strengthen themselves, and take more seriously their duty to protect their citizens and provide strength for their alliances.

Will they? The US Military Industrial Complex makes a lot of money working in those areas. I've not seen much from Trump that he'll curtail such practices. Unless you mean the Ukraine vs. Russia, which in that respect, I'm fairly uncomfortable, siding with Putin.
…and the housing market will cool, lowering rents.

I don't know what part of the country you live in, but I doubt this is on the horizon. Banks are making the same stupid plays they made and a lot of markets will crash, hopefully not as bad, as they did before. Because we don't hold them accountable for their failures. See #3.
8. The number of new businesses will increase, while the number of failures will decrease. Largely a result of deregulation and tax cuts.

There is no right to start a new business. If the "success" of your new business relies on, for example, shitty wages to your employees, your business deserves to fail. Which is something that regulation is in place to fix.
As well as ending the ability for students to get federal loans for degrees in the leftwing political social sciences, whose studies are almost never reproducible and are clearly created to serve as propaganda.

So no more History or Creative Writing or Art or what have you… but a "business degree" totally has worth in all cases, is that what you're implying? I don't think you have much of a grasp of how modern academia works or what is actually being taught in today's universities.
For conversation's sake Id be curious to see a list of the 10 terrible things his detractors expect to happen.
I'd guess #1 is: Nazi Death Camps.

Well, since Muslim registration is still on the table, you are not incorrect on this point.

One-Shot
Management
Management
XBL: OneIShot
PSN: OnelShot
Steam: One-Shot

Jan 03, '17, 9:52am

+1 for Trump

Ford cancels Mexico plant. Will create 700 U.S. jobs in 'vote of confidence' in Trump
http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/news/ec ... index.html
"I don't know what it means to be the water man" - Colin Moriarty

BuffArms
Shadow Boxer

Jan 03, '17, 11:02am

Tidal Town wrote:We did? We've had a four year Republican-lead Congress and will have another four years more. Not sure how Dems were able to "stop it" in that time frame.

Its called the Presidency, do you not understand how a veto works? See before Harry Reid, you could filibuster and hold up the process unless they had 60 votes, but then Reid changed it so you only need a majority. Republicans have less than 60 seats, but more than a majority.
Some of us would prefer a more liberal lean to SCOTUS. Not sure it's as simple as saying that's a positive without more elaboration.

You should read one of the many leftwing op-eds about how not having the Supreme Court filled is bad. They wrote them en mass in response to Garland not getting a vote.
Taxes are not a bad thing. Regulations are not a bad thing. This is a fallacy pushed by Conservatives. I grew up in Monsanto country, regulations are a good thing.

Forcefully Taking money from people is not good, taking away freedom from people is not good. Taxes are a necessary evil, regulations are a necessary evil, the key words here being necessary and evil. Over regulation and taxation creates poverty and misery. You may like that your neighbors are robbed, but I dont.
Will they? The US Military Industrial Complex makes a lot of money working in those areas. I've not seen much from Trump that he'll curtail such practices. Unless you mean the Ukraine vs. Russia, which in that respect, I'm fairly uncomfortable, siding with Putin.

Allies will increase spending, many have already planned for it, and the US military industrial complex will benefit by it. As they sell to our allies.
I don't know what part of the country you live in, but I doubt this is on the horizon.

Yeah this could go either way, Interests rates will rise, FED will hike on the economies success, which will raise mortgage prices, lowering sales. Though deregulation could increase lending.
There is no right to start a new business. If the "success" of your new business relies on, for example, shitty wages to your employees, your business deserves to fail. Which is something that regulation is in place to fix.

Arguing that more businesses, more jobs, is bad because the regulation is pulled, because the wages aren't great... seems downright sinister. I am sure that person taking that new $12 an hour job would really prefer that job just not exist.
So no more History or Creative Writing or Art or what have you… but a "business degree" totally has worth in all cases, is that what you're implying? I don't think you have much of a grasp of how modern academia works or what is actually being taught in today's universities.

Yeah those aren't bullshit social sciences, or even social sciences.

No I am referring mostly to fields that end in studies, like Women's studies, or Race based studies. The fields mainly taught by radical leftists with an intent to propagandize students. The ones that teach conspiracy theories about the patriarchy or the man, the ones that teach that segregation is necessary for the safety of POC, the ones that are arguing that any negative speech against them is hate speech, the ones that are working to ban speakers from campus for their political views, the ones who assault student journalists while inspiring other students to riot, the vile sickness that has spread about the American education system, that is anti freedom of speech, anti intellectual, science denying, racist, sexist, and quite frankly just fucking evil.

The ones that turned Berkeley from an open campus that embraced diversity of thought and the free expression of ideas, to one in which a racist mob of students locked hands to prevent people of one race from entering, doing so in "protest" because they were not allowed to segregate areas of the school.

Yeah I am aware of what is being taught and how it works. I saw it when I was getting my Masters a little over a year ago. I read about it now, I see it on YouTube. They have no shame, they video tape themselves and display it for the world to see.

American tax dollars should not be given in loans to fund these University programs. If you want to take a leftwing indoctrination course, you can pay for it with your own money, or find a private loan.
Well, since Muslim registration is still on the table, you are not incorrect on this point.

Yeah they might bring back the program that was in place for several years under Bush and Obama... except I dont remember any death camps during those years.

One-Shot wrote:+1 for Trump

Ford cancels Mexico plant. Will create 700 U.S. jobs in 'vote of confidence' in Trump

Another $700,000,000 invested in the US, instead of 1.6B in Mexico. Thanks Donald.

JerrodDRagon
Baller

Jan 03, '17, 11:29am

Valomek wrote:I still find it amazing, that after 8 years of Obama and SJW's in power, that some people still want Clinton as their President.

Trump can't do much worse, and if he can work with Putin, we at least know that the west is safe for around 4 years.

We know where we stood with Clinton....more of the same BS

Trump I have no idea what he wants to do.....he has backed off of some of his promises already (no wall, didn't drain the swamp) so what will he really do? Besides putting in effect laws and less regulations that make him a shit ton of money

It's shit like that that worries me about going green and how he rather have beautiful area's then saving the planet...sounds like a rich person to me
http://grist.org/briefly/trump-is-still ... lf-course/

I hope he can make laws that make more jobs, I hope his tax plans help the lower and middle class, and I hope makes our ties to other counties stronger but I see his ego getting in the way of letting anything good come to the US unless he thought of it first

Tidal Town
XBL: T1DAL TOWN
PSN: SF2K4
NNID: tidaltownusa
Steam: Tidal Town

Jan 03, '17, 11:54am

BuffArms wrote:Forcefully Taking money from people is not good, taking away freedom from people is not good. Taxes are a necessary evil, regulations are a necessary evil, the key words here being necessary and evil. Over regulation and taxation creates poverty and misery. You may like that your neighbors are robbed, but I dont.

Well this is because you and I come from different parts of the political spectrum. I'm not calling for over-taxation or over-regulation but I see the benefits of well-regulated industries and public good in things like infrastructure we create via taxes.

JerrodDRagon
Baller

Jan 03, '17, 12:21pm

Tidal Town wrote:
BuffArms wrote:Forcefully Taking money from people is not good, taking away freedom from people is not good. Taxes are a necessary evil, regulations are a necessary evil, the key words here being necessary and evil. Over regulation and taxation creates poverty and misery. You may like that your neighbors are robbed, but I dont.

Well this is because you and I come from different parts of the political spectrum. I'm not calling for over-taxation or over-regulation but I see the benefits of well-regulated industries and public good in things like infrastructure we create via taxes.

This is how I feel too, people act is if laws hold us back when they are there to keep us in check.

If you could just pay people at Mc Donalds 3 bucks an hour they would and guess what will have to rise of half the county is under paid...taxes. The only ones who truly benefits from less taxes and regulations are the rich. America is a country that likes to make sure no one is starving to death, so to keep this up we make sure everyone is getting paid a "livable" wage.
There are some BS regulations out there for sure but on the other side of that we have the BP Oil Spill, look at what a company does when it ignores regulations for some more cash does...it creates a natural disaster.
Rather the world have a few more rules then let them do what ever and make the air unbreathable like over in China.

Valomek
Shadow Boxer
PSN: Valomek

Jan 03, '17, 12:35pm

JerrodDRagon wrote:We know where we stood with Clinton....more of the same BS

Trump I have no idea what he wants to do.....he has backed off of some of his promises already (no wall, didn't drain the swamp) so what will he really do? Besides putting in effect laws and less regulations that make him a shit ton of money

The only reason some people in Europe wanted Trump over Clinton, is that with him we have a fighting chance against the European Union. Clinton would do whatever she could to keep the EU as one and stand against Russia.

Now that Obama is away and no Clinton, there is now hope for Europe again. With Trump there is a small chance, that we get a better relationship with Russia, because Russia are the ones we need the most in Europe.

Now that Trump won, it also gives us hope that Le Pen and Front national can gain power in France, and that we somehow can get Merkel off as Chancellor in Germany.

Trump gives us the hope, Obama took away from us.

JerrodDRagon wrote:It's shit like that that worries me about going green and how he rather have beautiful area's then saving the planet...sounds like a rich person to me

Fine by me, as a person that lives in a nation(Denmark) where 42% of all produced electricity comes from wind turbines
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jan/18/denmark-broke-world-record-for-wind-power-in-2015

The resistance against wind turbines in Denmark is on the rise, since people are forced to live next to some of these park, with no regard to the sound pollution it ads or the devaluation of their property due to the wind turbines.

In fact this year, we have more cases, where the state had to stop making new wind farms due to neighbours taking them to count and winning over the state.

So how about we help Al-Assad and Russia winning in Syria, save Europe and most of the western culture from the EU, before we go out and "save the planet"

JerrodDRagon wrote:I hope he can make laws that make more jobs, I hope his tax plans help the lower and middle class, and I hope makes our ties to other counties stronger but I see his ego getting in the way of letting anything good come to the US unless he thought of it first

And that is fine mate, but having people(not you or others here) still cry and complain about it, before he even takes office is just sad to me.

JerrodDRagon
Baller

Jan 03, '17, 12:40pm

Valomek wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:We know where we stood with Clinton....more of the same BS

The only reason some people in Europe wanted Trump over Clinton, is that with him we have a fighting chance against the European Union. Clinton would do whatever she could to keep the EU as one and stand against Russia.

Now that Obama is away and no Clinton, there is now hope for Europe again. With Trump there is a small chance, that we get a better relationship with Russia, because Russia are the ones we need the most in Europe.

Now that Trump won, it also gives us hope that Le Pen and Front national can gain power in France, and that we somehow can get Merkel off as Chancellor in Germany.

Trump gives us the hope, Obama took away from us.

JerrodDRagon wrote:It's shit like that that worries me about going green and how he rather have beautiful area's then saving the planet...sounds like a rich person to me

Fine by me, as a person that lives in a nation(Denmark) where 42% of all produced electricity comes from wind turbines
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jan/18/denmark-broke-world-record-for-wind-power-in-2015

The resistance against wind turbines in Denmark is on the rise, since people are forced to live next to some of these park, with no regard to the sound pollution it ads or the devaluation of their property due to the wind turbines.

In fact this year, we have more cases, where the state had to stop making new wind farms due to neighbours taking them to count and winning over the state.

So how about we help Al-Assad and Russia winning in Syria, save Europe and most of the western culture from the EU, before we go out and "save the planet"

JerrodDRagon wrote:I hope he can make laws that make more jobs, I hope his tax plans help the lower and middle class, and I hope makes our ties to other counties stronger but I see his ego getting in the way of letting anything good come to the US unless he thought of it first

And that is fine mate, but having people(not you or others here) still cry and complain about it, before he even takes office is just sad to me.

So its ok for you to be hopeful but for us America's to be worried about a man who does things only for himself and shows signs of being a sociopath is us crying....wow

We will see how much you Want Russia in Europe when you see Putin for what he is also, I love how the Counties outside the US want us to mind our own business except when they get attacked by terrorist then you guys want our help. The USA has been paying for that war against terrorist for 15 years while other countries ignored it until they got attacked. Maybe if everyone else was not just blind and making the US the world police we would have stopped radical Muslims but no, Europe took a wait and see approach and look how that is turning out.

Valomek
Shadow Boxer

Jan 03, '17, 1:09pm

JerrodDRagon wrote:So its ok for you to be hopeful but for us America's to be worried about a man who does things only for himself and shows signs of being a sociopath is us crying....wow

Did I say you were crying ?? No.

Did I say that people crying about it are tiresome ?? Yes.

Do you really think that people crying about having Trump in power can amount to anything other than still to divide the people in the US ?

Is it really wrong to hope for the best, while still being pessimistic, mind you I said, he could not do "much worse", I never said he would be any good, in fact I'm saying he could be worse than Clinton.

JerrodDRagon wrote:We will see how much you Want Russia in Europe when you see Putin for what he is also.

We have a clear picture of who Putin is, he is slowly eliminated free-thinking news media, he is anti gay, he rules with a iron fist, he has and still using Russia's energy might as a foreign policy weapon against most nations in Europe. He crackeds down on his opponents. So don't come here and pretend you know Russia better than we do, we are next to Putin and we know what he will do if he can get away with it.

But at the same time, we also know, that Obama and Clinton would only do more to push Putin away, when we need him the most to stop the war in Syria,

JerrodDRagon wrote: I love how the Counties outside the US want us to mind our own business except when they get attacked by terrorist then you guys want our help.

As far as I know, I never once said you should mind your own business, so not sure why you think that would work on me. I only said that unlike Obama and Clinton, Trump might not work against the movement against the EU in Europe and that he might have a chance to fix things with Putin and end the war in Syria.

JerrodDRagon wrote:The USA has been paying for that war against terrorist for 15 years while other countries ignored it until they got attacked. Maybe if everyone else was not just blind and making the US the world police we would have stopped radical Muslims but no, Europe took a wait and see approach and look how that is turning out.

Why did we move the goal post to a war against radical Islam, when the only thing I said, is that if we want to end the war in Syria we need the US and Russia on the same side.

I don't really understand why you are even taking this into things ... Is it because I said we needed Russia the most in Europe to stand against the EU. I'm really not sure how a post about wind turbines ended up as a topic about US as the world poilce force?

JerrodDRagon
Baller

Jan 03, '17, 2:15pm

Valomek wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:So its ok for you to be hopeful but for us America's to be worried about a man who does things only for himself and shows signs of being a sociopath is us crying....wow

Did I say you were crying ?? No.

Did I say that people crying about it are tiresome ?? Yes.

Do you really think that people crying about having Trump in power can amount to anything other than still to divide the people in the US ?

Is it really wrong to hope for the best, while still being pessimistic, mind you I said, he could not do "much worse", I never said he would be any good, in fact I'm saying he could be worse than Clinton.

JerrodDRagon wrote:We will see how much you Want Russia in Europe when you see Putin for what he is also.

We have a clear picture of who Putin is, he is slowly eliminated free-thinking news media, he is anti gay, he rules with a iron fist, he has and still using Russia's energy might as a foreign policy weapon against most nations in Europe. He crackeds down on his opponents. So don't come here and pretend you know Russia better than we do, we are next to Putin and we know what he will do if he can get away with it.

But at the same time, we also know, that Obama and Clinton would only do more to push Putin away, when we need him the most to stop the war in Syria,

JerrodDRagon wrote: I love how the Counties outside the US want us to mind our own business except when they get attacked by terrorist then you guys want our help.

As far as I know, I never once said you should mind your own business, so not sure why you think that would work on me. I only said that unlike Obama and Clinton, Trump might not work against the movement against the EU in Europe and that he might have a chance to fix things with Putin and end the war in Syria.

JerrodDRagon wrote:The USA has been paying for that war against terrorist for 15 years while other countries ignored it until they got attacked. Maybe if everyone else was not just blind and making the US the world police we would have stopped radical Muslims but no, Europe took a wait and see approach and look how that is turning out.

Why did we move the goal post to a war against radical Islam, when the only thing I said, is that if we want to end the war in Syria we need the US and Russia on the same side.

I don't really understand why you are even taking this into things ... Is it because I said we needed Russia the most in Europe to stand against the EU. I'm really not sure how a post about wind turbines ended up as a topic about US as the world poilce force?

We'll we just have different Ideology's

You seem to think the ends justify the means, which is not how I think. Heck I don't know if even Russia and USA can stop Syrain alone.....we need everyone to come together to stop Radical Islam, I don't think just a few counties against it is enough. It's an ideal and those can't be just bombed away even by two super powers we need Europe and everyone else cutting off trade and reeducation if we want to squash out this fire for good.

I hope Trump can do well, but from the little he has done before him stepping into office it gives me and many no hope he wants to change things just seems like he will become apart of the system and just make lays that allow businesses to treat people like shit for little pay, push back going green (which in the end if we don't humanity dies and I want my childrens Children not to be fucked) and make laws against gay people and abortions because religion and the government is not suppose to take sides in that kinda shit...separation of church and state.
I;m also scared he will do smaller bandages that trick people into thinking he fixed something when really he just patched up someone for a few years and then it crashes when he is leaving and it is no longer his problem.

Valomek
Shadow Boxer

Jan 03, '17, 2:55pm

JerrodDRagon wrote:We'll we just have different Ideology's

And that is cool by mate, I do respect your opinion just want that to be clear. That is also way I said, that you were not crying you just showed your valid concerns.

JerrodDRagon wrote:You seem to think the ends justify the means, which is not how I think. Heck I don't know if even Russia and USA can stop Syrain alone.....we need everyone to come together to stop Radical Islam, I don't think just a few counties against it is enough. It's an ideal and those can't be just bombed away even by two super powers we need Europe and everyone else cutting off trade and reeducation if we want to squash out this fire for good.

True, but I hope we can agree that it is not crying to be any better with the US and Russia not standing on the same side in Syria. Radical Islam has been here before the war in Syria, and they will be here after the war in Syria.

I also agree with you that Europe has not done enough to help end the war, that is also why I could not understand. Why you had to talk about other counties not waiting the Us to police the world, when I have no problem with that and in fact want my own country to do more to help the US.

JerrodDRagon wrote:I hope Trump can do well, but from the little he has done before him stepping into office it gives me and many no hope he wants to change things just seems like he will become apart of the system and just make laws that allow businesses to treat people like shit for little pay, push back going green (which in the end if we don't humanity dies and I want my childrens Children not to be fucked)

That is fine and fair, and let us be honest it was not like the republicans were any better with Obama. I know how unempathic this is going to sound, but at some point people have to move forward and make it work. I'm not saying you and others should not fight back. In fact what you are doing here is what I want to see other people do. Talk, raise your concerns in civil matter.

I'm just tried of seening people cry about him not winning the election(not on here, but plenty of people in Denmark and twitter), since he had less votes.

About going green, I agree I just rather focus on other more urgent issues like the war in Syria, and the new cold war between Russia and the US.

JerrodDRagon wrote:Make laws against gay people and abortions because of religion and the government is not suppose to take sides in that kinda shit...separation of church and state.

We have a state church in Denmark, and the law is as such that gay people can get married in churches but that the individual priest have the right to say that it is against his interpretation of christianity to do such a marriage, but it is okay for them to find a priest will do so.

Don't you have a similar system in the US ?

JerrodDRagon wrote:I'm also scared he will do smaller bandages that trick people into thinking he fixed something when really he just patched up someone for a few years and then it crashes when he is leaving and it is no longer his problem.

He won't be the first to do so, but I still think it would be fair to at least give him a chance to fuck up, before we judge him too much.

By the way, I'm not trying to break your post down, point by point like others would. I just have a hard time replying to bigger blocks of text so close to eachother. I can't do like you and reply to everything, I'm not smart enough for that so sorry for making the post so long.

JerrodDRagon
Baller

Jan 03, '17, 4:26pm

Valomek wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:We'll we just have different Ideology's

And that is cool by mate, I do respect your opinion just want that to be clear. That is also way I said, that you were not crying you just showed your valid concerns.

JerrodDRagon wrote:You seem to think the ends justify the means, which is not how I think. Heck I don't know if even Russia and USA can stop Syrain alone.....we need everyone to come together to stop Radical Islam, I don't think just a few counties against it is enough. It's an ideal and those can't be just bombed away even by two super powers we need Europe and everyone else cutting off trade and reeducation if we want to squash out this fire for good.

True, but I hope we can agree that it is not crying to be any better with the US and Russia not standing on the same side in Syria. Radical Islam has been here before the war in Syria, and they will be here after the war in Syria.

I also agree with you that Europe has not done enough to help end the war, that is also why I could not understand. Why you had to talk about other counties not waiting the Us to police the world, when I have no problem with that and in fact want my own country to do more to help the US.

JerrodDRagon wrote:I hope Trump can do well, but from the little he has done before him stepping into office it gives me and many no hope he wants to change things just seems like he will become apart of the system and just make laws that allow businesses to treat people like shit for little pay, push back going green (which in the end if we don't humanity dies and I want my childrens Children not to be fucked)

That is fine and fair, and let us be honest it was not like the republicans were any better with Obama. I know how unempathic this is going to sound, but at some point people have to move forward and make it work. I'm not saying you and others should not fight back. In fact what you are doing here is what I want to see other people do. Talk, raise your concerns in civil matter.

I'm just tried of seening people cry about him not winning the election(not on here, but plenty of people in Denmark and twitter), since he had less votes.

About going green, I agree I just rather focus on other more urgent issues like the war in Syria, and the new cold war between Russia and the US.

JerrodDRagon wrote:Make laws against gay people and abortions because of religion and the government is not suppose to take sides in that kinda shit...separation of church and state.

We have a state church in Denmark, and the law is as such that gay people can get married in churches but that the individual priest have the right to say that it is against his interpretation of christianity to do such a marriage, but it is okay for them to find a priest will do so.

Don't you have a similar system in the US ?

JerrodDRagon wrote:I'm also scared he will do smaller bandages that trick people into thinking he fixed something when really he just patched up someone for a few years and then it crashes when he is leaving and it is no longer his problem.

He won't be the first to do so, but I still think it would be fair to at least give him a chance to fuck up, before we judge him too much.

By the way, I'm not trying to break your post down, point by point like others would. I just have a hard time replying to bigger blocks of text so close to eachother. I can't do like you and reply to everything, I'm not smart enough for that so sorry for making the post so long.

Fair points and like I said I hope things get better his cabinet just does not instill confidence that he will be anything more then a rich man trying to find ways to make more money for him self.
He wont even give his company over to a blind trust, he is giving it to his kids which is a conflict of interest because he might not start wars with countries that are tied to his business even if they are doing things that would usually call for sanctions or just in general pass laws that might help his company make more while it might hurt his compilation.

I hope we find a way to work with Russia to stop terrorist but also hope the people of Russia stop standing for its own BS...the USA has some bad men but Putin is literally killing his enemies.
As for making laws against gay people/abortion while right now things are fine or bad (like in Texas they are starting to force woman to have to bury there unborn babies) and Trump might see this as a fine practice when its just a barbaric law made for those trying to drain plan parenthood's money ( a organization who helps, tests and gives medicine to woman)
In these kinda ways Trump could really start pushing the USA back years in green tech, woman rights, gay and Trans rights which are important because they are US related and really ISIS is not the US problem like they are for Europe. Though I do hope we can help decrease their numbers he is our president and I rather more terrorist live then the USA have another market crash because Trump takes away regulations and laws we need because when the US economy goes to shit it affects a lot more people then just us America Citizens

Valomek
Shadow Boxer

Jan 03, '17, 4:31pm

JerrodDRagon wrote:post

I will reply sometime tomorrow mate, as it is 1 am here and I have to be up in 6 hours.

Have good day/night or whatever the time is for you ColinApproves

niliuscofc
Baller
PSN: niliuscofc

Donald Trump's Presidency | Discussion Thread

Jan 10, '17, 6:43am

Since Booker is planning to testify against Sessions, just a little look back at how Booker holds no actual beliefs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chkAASced_0
To grind, or not to grind...

SamNW
Unsung Hero

Jan 10, '17, 7:00am

One-Shot wrote:+1 for Trump

Can't tell if you're serious or not, but this didn't have much to do with Trump, despite what he'd like you to believe.

"Analysts, though, say Ford’s decision stemmed more from its long-term goals than the new administration or devotion to U.S. workers. The company aims to invest $4.5 billion in electric vehicles by 2020. (The company would not comment on the specifics of the 700 new positions.)

"We expect a big change in the next decade on not only the growing affordability,” Fields said, “but also the consumer acceptance of electrified vehicles.”

The Ford engineers, tasked with creating these models, work in Dearborn, Mich. — 20 miles from the Flat Rock assembly plant. Moving production to Mexico would have made their jobs harder, said Brett Smith, an auto analyst at the Center for Automotive Research in Ann Arbor.

“Keeping a new technology near the engineers is an important thing, at least in the first generation,” he said. “That gives them a lot more control to monitor a system.”

Ford's vision for the updated Michigan facility, meanwhile, meshes with broader industry trends, he said.

“Each iteration of a facility becomes less like old school manufacturing and more high-tech,” Smith said. “That will ultimately mean fewer jobs. The people will have to keep learning throughout their careers. It won’t be like the old days, when you do the same thing for 40 years.”

It’s also easier for companies such as Ford to find skilled workers in the United States, said Mark Muro, who studies economic policy at the Brookings Institution, a Washington think tank.

“The Mexico platform is essentially a lower cost, just-good-enough workforce,” he said. “It is not a place where there's a lot of innovation or new product development.” (Ford will continue to make gasoline-powered Focus vehicles at its Hermosillo, Mexico, plant.)

Fields was blunt about why Ford changed its mind, canceling a $1.6 billion factory slated for San Luis Potosi. "The reason that we are not building the new plant,” he said, “the primary reason, is just demand has gone down for small cars.”

It makes sense—both from Trump's perspective and Fields'—to play up this narrative, but as always, this is a business making a business decision. Also, to be clear: this same sort of credit claiming happens with every administration. Trump will surely be louder, but he's not unique in doing this. My point is, essentially, "don't fall for it."

AngelBoulgary
Pure One
Position/Title: Finance Analyst
XBL: angelboulgary
PSN: bombs_away00

Jan 10, '17, 11:08am

Lets wait and see what happens. I just want ppl to start respecting each other... Make Respect Great Again.

niliuscofc
Baller
PSN: niliuscofc

Jan 11, '17, 9:05am

Trump is pretty calm in this press conference. Must have got that anger out with all those tweets.

Edit:

There was this though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHol4--tC3s
To grind, or not to grind...

Raging Light
Baller
PSN: XDaimyo

Jan 20, '17, 10:22am

JerrodDRagon
Baller